Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kylee's First Trip to the E.R.

Boy was I in for a surprise today. I learned how to spell the word seizure, what it feels like to ride in the back of an ambulance, and that I still hate hospitals.
Kylee had an unexpected seizure this afternoon due to a rapid increase in her fever. I have never experienced a seizure before so I tried to reach her doctor and when I couldn't get through, I dialed 911. My poor neighbor (she's a cop and her roommate works at a children's hospital) upstairs had to answer the door to me, a frenzied mess. Thankfully she was able to help me while I talked to the 911 operator and tried to cool Kylee down. (Thank you neighbor, sorry that you moved next to a crazy mother.)

We were rushed to the hospital where they took her vitals and administered some medicine. After that, her fever quickly decreased. She is doing great now and even has a new souvenir from the hospital: her hospital gown. (It's pretty cute that they make them that small).

8 comments:

Nycole said...

Tiff, I am so sorry! I hope Kylee is doing better! My sister's kids both have seizures and she has been home alone and had to call 911 a few times. How scary!

Kylee looks so cute in her gown.

Traci said...

Oh Tiff, how scary. That must have been awful. I hope it never happens again. Love ya.

Rachey said...

Glad she is okay! Olive had a seizure a while back from a fever as well. I can't imagine how scary it would be. Let me know if you need any help with her today while you are doing your dog walks.

Genevieve said...

scary!! glad she's ok and hope she keeps getting better!

Unknown said...

Oh TIffy! That is super scary! Wish I could've been around to help! Know you're all in our prayers and that we're thrilled she's doing better. Love ya

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie and Ernie said...

Oh you poor thing...and poor Kylee. I've heard of this happening more and more. Weird...I'm glad it turned out ok...and to be honest her little gown is pretty dang cute :)

Kacie said...

That's so scary Tiff hope she is ok!