So this morning started out wonderful with locking Kylee in the car along with my purse, keys, and cell phone. How stupid do I feel? VERY!!!
Our car locks automatically once you start it. Stupid car! Well, I forgot to push unlock before I closed the door while I was cleaning the snow off the car. First thought that came to my mind: break the window. So glad I didn't follow through.
I asked a neighbor for a phone and phone book. He ended up giving me a boost up to my second story porch to find out the back door was locked. Did I mention this neighbor just moved in. (Welcome to the neighborhood dude. He might be contemplating his move here). Thank goodness for friends that live close by (thank you Brandie). A locksmith was called and came quickly.
He just had to insert a little pump to jar the door enough to insert a metal stick to roll down the window. Then I unlocked the door from there. Such a valuable service, especially when your child is in there, but so darn expensive. Talk about a mark up.
I will now be looking into getting a spare key that is not with Kurt in Washington D.C.
We Can Do Hard Things– (Angie Guymon)
8 years ago


7 comments:
You should have called the cops. I thought that if your car was locked and left running, they will come out and unlock it for free; especially if there is a child locked in. (That could be one of those "urban legend" stories, though.) Anyway, glad it worked out ok.
I hate that! We've done that to braxton twice! 150 is way extreme though the last time I did that it was 35 dollars! Definate mark up!
Wouldn't that be nice to make that much an hour? Hmm I think I might invest in a special pump.
Oh no! I remember when that happened to your neighbor Brandie sometime last year. I bet it will happen to me.
Yeah, Brandie told me about her incident and the one with being locked out of her apartment too. Doesn't sounds like fun. I just hope I am not blonde enough to do it again. Fingers crossed
We had the same thing happen to us and learned the same lesson $150 later, although we were locked out of our house not our car. Major bummer! You might want to invest in Triple A, it costs less than that a year and they will always come get you into your car for free.
Oh how scary!! I'm glad you got to her, but that is WAY expensive. Stupid city fees
Post a Comment