Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Virginia in the Fall

I do love that there are FOUR very distinct seasons in Virginia. I will admit that I am not a fan of the summer, especially when it is really hot and humid. However, I do LOVE the springs and falls here. Right now where I am from, (Rexburg), is suffering from 9 inches of snow in one day and -4 degree weather. Count me out of that. Why again am I traveling there in 3 weeks? Must be for family, friends, and of course my horse.
Anyways, I love the fall here. Since there are so many trees everywhere, this means there are so many leaves that are changing colors and falling. I love walking or driving down the road and seeing all of the many different colors. There are definitely going to be things that I am going to miss about the east, and Virginia in particular when Kurt graduates and we move from here.
(These pictures were taken during one of our dog walks. Just could not help stopping and taking a picture before the leaves had all fallen off.)

2 comments:

Nycole said...

Pretty pictures! I am glad you have a chance to go home for christmas!

Linford Family said...

I agree! Falls here are pretty nice and we have had some great weather while my parents in MT are coooold! The trees out this way are amazing aren't they! That's cool you get to go visit home though. We won't be able to and it makes me sad!