Thursday, March 3, 2011

Biting Off More Than You Can Chew

You know those great ideas about projects you suddenly have? They seem so simple and easy to do, UNTIL you actually try to do them. Well, I had one of those this week. Our church had an activity tonight where we were invited to make cakes and enter them into a contest. Knowing me, you know that I am competitive and can't help but take up on the competition. I saw this picture online of a cute little flower cupcake cake and thought it would be such an easy process.

Little did I know, 3 hours later, how much of a project I really had taken on. (I am sure if I was better in this field of expertise I could have done it much faster, but I am not.) All I can say is that I am glad that I made the attempts of frosting and decorating while Kylee was taking a nap.
In the end it turned out looking pretty cute, tasted great, and it did win a prize after all. (I still need to think twice before I embark on another great little adventure anytime soon.)

5 comments:

M & J Bowerbank said...

LOVED it! You heard me saying how cute it was before I even knew it was yours! Turned out so great!

Brooke said...

I think it's adorable, and have no idea what you were worried about!

Kacie said...

Super cute! I'm sure it took forever! Look at you go tiff I'm super imoressed by your baking skills!

Traci said...

What a cute idea! You should make something like that for Kylee's birthday (if you're up for the task again!) Anyway, I'm impressed!

Rachey said...

Very cute. And congrats to Kurt on his boards.