Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Arch Nemesis!

So this "wonderful" pile of glory (as Kurt states) has been my arch nemesis since we have been married. I had no idea what I was getting myself into before I sealed the deal because this "little" pile had never existed while we were dating. Was someone trying to be a little sneaky here?

For the past four months I have had the urge to:
     a) throw these clothes away
     b) throw them over the porch railing
     c) hide them until Kurt came to the point of having nothing to wear
     d) All of the above, along with a few other things!
 
I am glad to say that I did not give into any of these thoughts, no matter how instantly gratifying they may have been. Many of you might be asking why did I not just pick up the pile long ago myself? The answer would be because of my very stubborn, my way or the highway personality. I did not want Kurt thinking he had the benefits of a maid service to clean up his clothes on a regular basis. Yep, I am mean.
Well, it took a 22-month-old little girl to actually get me to help clean this up. While doing laundry the other day Kylee got really into the moment and started picking up things from the glory pile. I figured if she is going to help, why not?
I am happy to state that we currently do not have a new pile of glory and I am hoping it stays that way. Otherwise, I might have to resort to option A, B, C, or even D!

No comments: