Monday, February 8, 2010

There's No Place Like Home....

But Alexandria and Washington D.C. are feeling pretty close to it right now with all the white winter wonderland that surrounds us.

We were warned that a storm was coming that would dump 1-2 feet of snow, but I was still skeptical. Well, Saturday morning proved me very wrong when we could barely find our car.

It was fun to take Kylee out in the snow and let her experience it. She didn't mind it unless she got too wet and cold.



This was the first time we have had to actually shovel 2 1/2 ft. of snow off and from around our car. These are the times when neighbors are forced out and get to know one another. I enjoyed meeting people that I would never have probably met otherwise. The bad side, supposedly another storm is on its way Tuesday/Wednesday.

3 comments:

Paul said...

I'm jealous!

Brooke said...

It just keeps making me think of "it's a marshmallow world in the winter"

Good luck digging out again today!

Melanie and Ernie said...

SOOO Cute!!! It does feel like Idaho except we'd be able to actually go and play in the snow instead of being stuck in a city...oh well