Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bumps and Bruises

Every child gets scrapes, bumps, and bruises. It is just a part of life and of learning. So far Kylee has already had several knocks of her own. She can be such a drama queen at times though.

Today she was playing and using a window to stand up. Well, she lost her hold and nailed her head on the way down. You should have seen her reaction. You would have thought she almost died or something. (The longer she holds her breath, the worse the cry is going to be.) I gave her some comfort, the whole "Poor baby" routine (a hug and a kiss)and then sent her on her way. Kylee doesn't like to let it rest at that though. She will crawl to the scene of the crime, (in this case the window), and will start to cry when she touches it. Oh boy....we are going to have our hands full when this chicka hits her teen years. Look out!

2 comments:

Traci said...

I had to laugh at this only because I can relate. Lainy does the same thing...still! We're trying to teach her to just say "ouch" and let it go, but she's still pretty dramatic when she gets a bump or bruise.

Jacob and Krista Flamm said...

Sounds just like my lil girl, every little bump turns into a two or three hour or whole day event. But I swear Kaylie is getting clumbsier (spelled that wrong) by the minute. Kylee's so cute though! =)