Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How Much Adventure Can I Handle in One Week?

I am hanging on a thread right now with all of my adventures and it's only Wednesday. Oh boy. I am hoping this week and weekend does not bring about too much more.

Why has this week been so interesting?
It would be thanks to these companies who have towed my car twice now just this week: Monday and today. The best part is with all the cars they tow, you think they would have a pretty nice setup. Nope, the towing places are always out in the middle of nowhere and they always have little trailers where they look like they are on their last leg and you have to stand outside and talk to someone through this little tiny window.

Anyways I was towed on Monday because I parked in our Car Wash parking area and did not remove my car before 9:00 AM. (That was my fault.) I had set an alarm to remind me, but it never went off since my phone was on silent. I went outside literally 5 minutes after they towed me. One of our neighbors had ran around the corner when I went outside to tell me he just saw my car go by. (This is the same neighbor who just moved here on the day that I locked Kylee in the car. He still remembers that too.) Thankfully our neighbor who lives above us was home and took me to pick up my car.

Then today our car was towed AGAIN during a dog walk this evening. We went to the client's apartment to pick up the visitor parking pass and her dog. When Kylee and I returned to the parking garage our car was nowhere to be seen. Bonus, my keys were in the gas tank along with my purse and cell phone in the locked car. Thankfully a random driver stopped when I flagged her down. She let me borrow her cell phone so I could locate my car from the towing company. After that, Kylee and I walked down to a friend's that lives in the Alexander. We had to ask the front desk for her apartment number since I did not have it memorized or my phone to call her directly. We lucked out to catch her before she left to run errands. I was almost not allowed to take my car from the towing company since only my husband's name is on the car's registration. Thank you insurance card which has both of our names.

What is my tally so far for the past year? I am going for a total of 3 towings and 1 locksmith visit. Total of $445.00 that has gone to almost absolutely nothing. (Kurt has 1 ticket and 1 parking ticket to his name. Providing this information makes me feel just a smidge better about myself.) So I am keeping my fingers crossed that I do not get a parking ticket or towed again the rest of the time we live here. (Thankfully this should only be until May.) Man, I have way too many blond moments.

5 comments:

brooke said...

don't feel bad tiffany! heidi and i have gotten my car towed 3 times too, but only in the past 2 years! plus, you have to keep in mind that you drive every single day...how many days a week does kurt drive? let's be realistic. those towing companies really are terrible.

Traci said...

I locked my girls in the car yesterday and (after I panicked) I thought of you.

Sorry you've had a hard week! I hope the crazy stuff is over too.

Nycole said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing! I am sorry you have had such a crazy week (and it's only Wed!) I hope things go better for you.

Tiff said...

Thanks guys. At least Kurt was able to laugh about it when I had to tell him last night.

Rachey said...

That totally sucks! But I have to ask, who puts their keys in the gas tank? That seems like a really strange thing to do.

Anyway, at least you were at work making money to pay for the towings!