What have I learned about Philadelphia?
I am grateful that I live in D.C.! I never thought I would see the day that Kurt and I would actually agree on this comment, but that day did come on Sunday.
We enjoyed exploring all of the heritage of downtown Philadelphia, but the ride getting to downtown made me realize that Philadelphia has seen some much better days. I was just amazed by how much of the city is in a rundown condition.
While in Philadelphia we visited the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Benjamin Franklin's Grave, and Betsy Ross' House.

3 comments:
I know exactly what you mean, but hope you were able to enjoy the good parts... and have penn. dutch breakfast at Reading Terminal? Did you find the LOVE and Rocky statues?
Believe me, it's dirty here too.
oh i do not miss philly! i sometimes wonder how we survived 4 years in filth-adelphia!! :) glad you were able to enjoy the good parts though!
I better not let Ryan see those first couple of pictures since he has been hard to convince to go there anyway:) But I know we will like getting to see all of the history.
Post a Comment